City: Chatillon – FRANCE
ONERA is the French aeronautics, space and defense research lab. A multi-disciplinary organization with experimental means unique in Europe, ONERA brings expertise to government programs, both institutional and industrial. ONERA (Office National d’Etudes et Recherches Aérospatiales) is a public research establishment, with eight major facilities in France and about 2,000 employees, including 1,500 scientists, engineers and technicians.
ONERA was originally created by the French government in 1946, and assigned six key missions:
- Direct and conduct aeronautical research
- Support the commercialization of this research by national and European industry
- Construct and operate the associated experimental facilities
- Supply industry with high-level technical analyses and other services.
- Perform technical analyses for the government
- Train researchers and engineers