Why a Call For Startups?
The huge variety of robotics applications available today are already impacting many diverse fields of activity and changing the game in most industrial sectors. In this fast-changing sector, a multitude of start-ups are being set up, and these young companies need to generate greater awareness of their projects as well as funding.
This call encourages young companies from all over the world to send in their application in order to present their project or prototype to an international panel of high-tech investors coming together at the summit.
Who can participate?
Our Call for Robotics Start-ups is open to any company:
- founded in the past 5 years
- having raised less than US$ 2 million since creation
- not affiliated with or belonging to a larger group
What are we looking for?
We are looking for start-ups in the fields of:
- Robotics & IoRT (Internet of Robotics Things),
- but also in the affiliated industries working closely with robotics companies: artificial intelligence, big data, cloud robotics, electronics, hardware, mechatronics, nanotechnology, sensors…
What's the prize for the winners?
The 5 finalists, selected by our investors’ panel, will be invited to Innorobo on Tuesday, May 24, 2016 in order to pitch in front of the Grand Jury.
They will also be provided with a startup booth in the exhibition hall, free of charge, in order to demonstrate their robotics solutions. Their travel expenses will also be covered.
- La startup britannique Reach Robotics a remporté le concours de startups organisé par le salon Innorobo, qui se tient du 1er au 2 Juillet à Lyon. Le concept de robots de combats, connectés et évolutifs, a séduit le jury d’investisseurs. Dans l’univers emprunt de sciences fiction qui règne actuellement dans les allées du salon Innorobo, l’idée folle de Reach Robotics parait totalement géniale. Le salon qui se tient à Lyon jusqu’au 3 Juillet accueillait une compétition de startups, remportée à la mi-journée par la startup de Silas Adekunle, installée à Bristol, UK.
Geoffray Sylvain / Aruco /
- C'est important d'être à Innorobo. C'est très utile d'avoir du feedback de tous, des professionnels ou bien du public.
Arnaud Didey / Reach Robotics /
- Thank you very much for having us there - it was a great event. We have gathered a lot of business cards and now we are working hard on following up with the interested people.
Akos Domotor / Optoforce /
- Thanks again for this great opportunity to be a part of Innorobo. It was a great mix of industry people and general public who showed an interest in our technology and robotics in general. I was able to make a few very good connections that hopefully will prove valuable for us. The pitch event was enjoyable too, I found the judges to be well qualified and engaged in their questions and review. All around, I was very satisfied with the event.
Bill Culley / Empire Robotics /
- We had a great time and made good contacts.
Simone Schürle / Magnebotix /
The 2016 Winner: Axilum Robotics
The 2016 Finalists on stage
The 2016 International Panel
- Gulnara Bikkulova, Executive Board Member, RVC
- Richard Lightbound, CEO, Robo Global Partners Ltd
- Carole Granade, Président, BoostInLyon
- Jean-Philippe Olier, VP Business Development, Safran
- The ‘Call for Startups’ is a regular INNOROBO event where young robotics companies pitch their products and services to the investor panel. [...] These were six interesting and international companies from UK, US, Greece, France and Russia. This mix of companies again demonstrates just how broad the robotics & automation space is becoming as it expands into every aspect of our consumer and business lives.
Richard Lighbound / RoboGlobal Ltd /
The 2015 Winner: EMPIRE ROBOTICS
The 2015 Finalists on stage
The 2015 International Panel
- Malgosia Iwankowska – Co-Founder & Board Member of KB Medical SA
- Anastasia Emmanuel – UK Hardware, Technology & Design at Indiegogo
- Baybars Altuntas – Entrepreneur & Angel Investor, VP of Eban-Belgium
- Jean-Philippe Olier – VP Business Development, Safran
- Alexandre Ichai – Founder, Robotcapital & Director, Robotlab
- Oussama Ammar – Co-Founder and Partner, Thefamily
The 2014 Finalists on stage
The 2013 Finalists
- Selftech (Portugal) – Golmow, a mowing machine for Golf courses
- Hikob (France) – wireless instrumentation systems and wireless sensor network technology
- Wittyworks (The Netherlands) – affordable intelligent robot buddy for playful interaction
- Five Five – (France) – the next generation in smart products for your home / First iPad – iPhone connected Lamp
- Veterobot – (Germany) – open robotics platform to build fun algorithms from ready to use software blocks
Call for startup news
Our Investor Panel reviewed all the 44 semi-finalists, and after judging them based on 3 criterias (market, traction and execution), here are the 6 finalists: Open Bionics Open Bionics is creating the most advanced affordable #3Dprinted #bionic hands for amputees! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8Nvq7aGqoA Axilum Robotics Axilum Robotics is a future leader in robotized assistance in medical procedures. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwEjAbyyJ10 Muse Robotics MUSE
After receiving a hundred applications from all around the world, 44 startups have been shortlisted! Their applications are currently being examined by our prestigious panel of investors. The 5 finalists will each be given a free startup booth at Innorobo, and the opportunity to pitch in front of our jury on
Two weeks after we revealed the 25 semi-finalists, our investor panel returned to us with their votes... and we finally have our 5 finalists! Applause for...: Reach Robotics Empire Robotics OptoForce MagnebotiX ex aequo : RobotBase and Flyability Reach Robotics (UK) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7uHQMB6WE0 Imagine a game where the real world is the playing field and you can control and evolve
Innorobo’s call for start-ups has just closed and 59 exciting venture projects from 21 countries around the world will now be reviewed by a jury of experts to select the 5 winners, who will pitch to investors at a plenary conference and exhibit free of charge at Innorobo, the international
These startups didn't make it to the semi-finals, but they deserve some visibility as well :-) Meet the 34 challengers ! Rational Robotics : Robots that paint parts automatically! Uses vision No programming needed. InMoov : InMoov is the First 3DPrinted Humanoid Life Size Robot for Scientists, Universities, Schools, Makers, Artists to 3d print and program. Perspective
The choice was hard and heart-breaking - but here we are, the 25 semi-finalists! In just two weeks, we will know the name of the 5 finalists you will meet at Innorobo. Remember : these 5 finalists will be provided a booth in the exhibition hall, free of charge, in order to demonstrate